The largest blog for reading the latest medical research on all disease, the prevention and its treatment . Pulled from variety of sources

Monday, May 1, 2017

National Post : reported that ‘I did have a healing’: After months of denial, Val Kilmer reveals he recently recovered from cancer

After denying for nearly a year that he has been suffering from serious health issues, Val Kilmer revealed in a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Wednesday that he recently recovered from cancer. "A while ago, Michael Douglas claimed you had terminal cancer," a fan wrote. Kilmer, 57, was asked by a fan about a facebook/" target="_blank">comment his former co-star, Michael Douglas, made in a Q&A last fall where he said Kilmer was battling oral cancer, the same disease Douglas conquered earlier in 2013. Whatever the case, in March, Kilmer said to People that although he still has a little trouble speaking, he's "doing great." That's why you haven't heard too much from Val lately."Soon after, Kilmer addressed Douglas's comments on Facebook, writing that he had not spoken to Douglas in two years and had "no cancer whatsoever.""I love Michael Douglas but he is misinformed," Kilmer wrote.


Val Kilmer speaks out on cancer rumours


Val Kilmer speaks out on cancer rumours
Val Kilmer has appeared to confirm he did have cancer despite previously denying he had the illness. It came after his friend Michael Douglas, who was given the all-clear from tongue cancer in 2011, said Kilmer was "dealing with exactly what I had". Asked about the "story behind" Douglas' comments, Kilmer, 57, said: "He was probably trying to help me cause the press probably asked where I was these days. "And I did have a healing of cancer, but my tongue is still swollen although healing all the time." He added: "Because I don't sound my normal self yet people think I may still be under the weather."

Val Kilmer admits he had cancer

After initially denying speculation that he was battling cancer, Val Kilmer now says he "did have a healing of cancer." Douglas said at the time that Kilmer was "dealing with exactly what I had," referring to oral cancer, and added that things didn't look too good for Kilmer. In October, Kilmer's "The Ghost and the Darkness" costar Michael Douglas raised concerns about Kilmer's health during a London event. During the AMA session, a fan asked the "Top Gun" star about the incident -- posting that "A while ago, Michael Douglas claimed you had terminal cancer. "He was probably trying to help me 'cause press probably asked where I was these days, and I did have a healing of cancer, but my tongue is still swollen altho healing all the time," Kilmer responded.


collected by :Lucy William

To follow all the new news about Disease !!! All you need to know about all kinds of diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment