The largest blog for reading the latest medical research on all disease, the prevention and its treatment . Pulled from variety of sources

Monday, March 13, 2017

Doc: A cautionary tale of lingering E. coli post-biopsy according to : Detroit Local News

: In outpatient procedures, such as endoscopy, patients are treated with medication for sedation and pain relief, but they don't undergo full anesthesia. Once the brain cells have died, returning blood flow to the area doesn't improve function. Is there is a shot to help the blood flow back to my brain? Dear Dr. Roach: I had a stroke and have had months of therapy, but I still cannot use my left arm. Both times, I stopped breathing during the procedure, and they had to bring me out of the anesthesia to get me to breathe.



Doc: A cautionary tale of lingering E. coli post-biopsy
Click on the button below to set up your account or log in if you already have one. Already a subscriber?

Reader has cautionary tale of lingering E. coli post-biopsy

ANSWER: A prostate biopsy is most commonly done to confirm suspected prostate cancer after an abnormal PSA test or physical exam. DEAR DR. ROACH: My husband acquired a drug-resistant E. coli infection from a prostate biopsy. On the plus side, the prostate biopsy was negative. The increasing use of MRI scanning to guide prostate biopsy may decrease the need for so many biopsies, and hopefully decrease infection rates. I did some reading right after he got sick and learned about the increasing number of men becoming ill after prostate biopsies with drug-resistant E. coli — nearly 4 percent.



collected by :Lucy William

To follow all the new news about Disease !!! All you need to know about all kinds of diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment